MOO ILLUSTRATIONS - BRAND GUIDELINES
The illustrations below were featured in the MOO brand guidelines PDF booklet that was available as part of the project pack. The style of illustration has certain characteristics that can be immediately associated with MOO's brand identity.
ILLUSTRATION STYLE ATTRIBUTES;
- Simple, shape based illustrations.
- Thick, bold lines.
- Clean vectors.
- Rounded caps.
- Limited colour use.
- Pattern fills.
SECONDARY RESEARCH - ILLUSTRATION STYLE
With the MOO illustration styling in mind I progressed with my secondary research by reviewing work produced in a similar style to see what type of variations can be achieved without breaking too far away from the styling limitations.
KEENAN CUMMINGS - WANDER POSTCARD ILLUSTRATIONS
- Thick lines.
- No colour used.
- Some designs feature a varying line weight.
MATT LEHMAN STUDIO - MONOCLE ILLUSTRATIONS
- Thick line weight - varying in colour.
- Colour used on illustrations.
- Some illustrations lack an outline.
DMITRI LITVINOV - LOOK HEROES
- Thick line weight.
- Line weight varies on certain aspects of the design - helps to define detail.
- Variety of colours applied to illustrations.
- Patterns used to fill certain elements of illustrations - Darkens colour tone.
MUTI - HARPER INSIDER
- Thick line weight with rounded caps - similar to MOO.
- Lines are rendered in a colour.
- Simple, clean & sophisticated.
- Busy compositions build narrative and engage audience.
TIMO MAYER - HAREY
- Grid of colours used to create a comic style narrative.
- Illustrations created from coloured shapes - no outlines.
- Balanced colour scheme applied really effectively.